Wow. Our baby is 6 months old today. I can't believe it. Time is flying by. I hope it slows down. Our little guy has his official 6 month appointment on Monday, but I know he is probably still in the 95% for height and maybe weight too. Considering he was 27 inches long at his 4 month appointment. I'm guessing he is 28 inches long and he weighs almost 20 pounds. He got his first tooth this week too. It is one of the bottom center ones. I'm pretty sure the tooth next to it is coming in also.
I guess I should type what he is up too, so I can remember in the future... Lets see, he is rolling in both directions, grabbing things, "talking" all the time, smiling all the time, not sitting up yet and not crawling yet, but kicking his legs like a crazy man (or a drummer as John says). He has sucked on bananas, watermelon & nectarines through his mesh bag. He has ate sweet potatoes, peas, applesauce (the funniest so far) and rice cereal. Boob is still his favorite.
Oh sleeping. I should probably write about sleeping... Well, I nurse him to sleep. I'm sure this is bad, but I work full time. It is all about survival. Plus, everyone eventually learns how to fall asleep. I'm sure he will too. Our only problem is the crib. Once he falls asleep, I move him to the crib like one of those people who removes bombs. Nobody breathe. I lay him down ever so gently and walk away very quietly. And then. And then 5 to 45 minutes later he is whimpering. I don't go in right away. I can handle whimpering. But, it always turns to serious crying & kicking.. So, I usually grab him and he sleeps with us. I know we need to remedy this soon. I just don't know how right now. Anyway, this is a post about my beautiful 6 month old, not my inability to keep the baby in the crib!
So, I am excited for the next 6 months. Halloween, crawling, first words, Christmas, ((maybe not pumping eventually)), BUT... I hope they take there time. We don't want our beautiful baby boy growing up too fast.
Your attitude is perfect...or maybe it resembles mine and that's why we've been friends this long.
ReplyDelete